Our plants were taking up all the light so we had to move them to the floor. We had to add more solution to the plants.
Our plants were falling over and needed support. We tied the plants together and tied them to the light.
Our plants are starting to look like trees. They are doing very well and using up a lot of solution. We had to mix and add more nutrient solution. Hopefully we will start to see cherry tomatoes soon.
The drip problem isn’t 100% fixed but is better than when we started. The plants have really started to take off. We tested the ph and there was no change and added solution.
Still can’t keep the drip going. Our idea of elevating the tubing doesn’t seem to help. To try and fix the problem we cut all the drip tubings shorter and they now fall into the cup closest to them, previously they would drip into the cup across from them. We also removed the black drip nozzle from the two plant furthest from the pump as they are the hardest to get to drip.
In an attempt to fix our problem of the non-continuouse drip we decided to elevate the tubing system. We are hoping that since the pump now only has to push the main flow of water (compared to six tubes) against gravity there will be enough pressure to keep the drip going.
The newly planted seeds have begun to grow. We tested he Ph of the nutrient solution and it is 6.8. We are having problems keeping the drip going. In class we can get the system to work and have all hoses drip, but when we return 2 days later some tubes are not dripping.
4 plants have began to grow. 1 plant in perlite and 1 plant in rockwool have failed to grow. We placed new cherry tomato seeds in each failed cup.
We placed 1 cherry tomato seed in each cup. We have a total of 6 cups 3 with rockwool and 3 with perlite. The drip was adjusted to a level appropriate for germination. There were several leaks on the adjustment joints. Teflon tape was used on the threads of the joints to stop the leaks.