The Office of Admissions is looking for current undergraduate students to give campus tours to prospective students and their families as a member of the Students Helping Admissions Recruitment Program (SHARP).
Do you meet the requirements to be a member?
The Office of Admissions employs qualified, paid, undergraduate students to serve as a part of the SHARP team, conducting campus tours, representing Millersville University during recruitment events (such as open houses, accepted student programs, and receptions.) We are looking for eager students who represent the diversity of our campus and have a passion for assisting families during their visit.
Students are expected to meet the following criteria to be considered:
1. A current undergraduate student in good academic and social standing with a minimum 2.3 grade point average.
2. Full time student at MU for at least one semester with the intention of remaining a full time student during the 2012-2013 academic year.
3. Interested in serving in a leadership capacity.
4. Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to effectively and positively represent Millersville University.
6. Commitment to promoting diversity.
7. Ability to work within a team.
8. Exhibit initiative, dependability, self-confidence, flexibility, and a willingness to learn.
SHARP applications are available at the Welcome Center front desk on the first floor of Lyle Hall. They must be completed and returned by or before April 4, 2012. Interviews will be conducted between April 11-17, 2012.
For any questions regarding the SHARP Team, please contact either Mr. Imani Powell, Assistant Director of Admission, at email@example.com, or Marisa Leo and Rachel Bontempo the Assistant SHARP Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.