Spring Internship: Graphic Design
Seeking creative thinkers who wish to build on their portfolio and resume. Interns will manage the development and design of a variety of print and online materials, from conceptualization to delivery. Students will work directly with on-campus clients and printers to provide creative design solutions which fulfill marketing objectives. The positions are for credits and are unpaid, however, our interns are often offered paid student positions based on successful completion of the internship.
Email inquiries and resume to: Diane.Black@millersville.edu
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM
JOB TITLE Graphic Design Assistant NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE 2
DEPARTMENT Communications & Marketing COST CENTER NO. 224000
BUILDING IN WHICH DEPARTMENT IS LOCATED Duncan Alumni House
SUPERVISOR TO CONTACT Diane Black TELEPHONE EXTENSION 5830
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Art Director or Graphic Designers in maintaining the visual image and brand of the University by following established graphic standards.
- Assess the communication needs and objectives of clients and design materials to meet those objectives.
- Coordinate project fulfillment through working with on and off campus printers.
- Accept ownership of graphics projects and provides attention to detail (develops production schedules, proofreads, press checks) to ensure a high quality finished product.
- Open and close jobs, update daily UC&M project report and schedule/monitors delivery of jobs to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Attend client creative presentations and consult with clients during the development and production of marketing support materials.
- Develop and design ads, posters, logos, direct mail, school/department information, brochure and other marketing materials as needed.
- Ensure computer files and other artwork are properly prepared for forwarding to printers for final production.
- Knowledge of Mac based environment
- Experience using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Suitcase
- High level of communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of basic design principals, typography, and creative thought process
DATE OF EMPLOYMENT TO _____________________
AVERAGE NUMBER OF HOURS PER WEEK 12