The Xi Chi at-Large Chapter invites you to the following events for 2012-2013:
The following Xi Chi programs are being offered by the Xi Chi Program Committee. All members and associates are welcome to attend the following events. **Please bring non perishable food items to every event to help us with our food drive.**
- 2012 Distinguished Lectureship – Thursday, October 11, 2012. Dr. Tamara Burkett, MS, ACNS-BC, GCNS-BC, ANCC Board Certified in Adult Health and Gerontology, Gerontology, CNS at Penn State Hershey, will speak on “Opportunities for Mentoring in Evidence Based Practice Processes: Leader, Educator and Counselor”. Held at Lehr, Gordinier Building, Millersville University beginning at 6:00pm for Reception; 6:30 Awards and 7:00 guest lecture. There will be one CE hour free for RNs attending and all are encouraged to bring food or tolietries to donate to Homeless Shelter. RSVP by September 24, 2012 to Kristie Berkstresser @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- TriState Consortium – October 14, 2012 is at the Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel, 500 Stevens Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19113 from 9:00am-1:30pm. Distinguished lecture is Kathleen Calzone, PhD, RN, APNG, FAAN, National Cancer Institute, NIH. The topic is “Genomics: How Personalized Health Care Will Influence Teaching and Practicing Nursing”.
- Collaborative Event -Eta Eta Chapter, York College of PA and Xi Chi Chapter, Millersville University on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at York College. The panel will address “Global Nursing Practice”. CE provided. More information to follow.
- 2013 Xi Chi at-Large Chapter Induction for students and community leaders at Myers Auditorium, McComsey Hall, Millersville University. April 14, 2013, 1-4 PM.
- 2013 Xi Chi at-Large Chapter Annual Meeting- June 1, 2013, beginning at 8:30am for breakfast at Lancaster General College, Room 130A/B, 410 North Lime Street, Lancaster, PA. Program begins at 9:00am and will consist of a panel of Nurse Entrepreneurs. CE Provided. Please bring food or toiletries for donation to Homeless Shelter.
For more information about Region 12 updates and newsletters please visit: http://www.nursingsociety.org/Chapters/Regions/Pages/region12.aspx
President: Carol Forsyth ( email@example.com )
The Program Committee extends a personal invitation to each Xi Chi member to attend at least one event this year. We welcome your suggestions for programs or speakers. Please use the Millersville University Web site to contact us with your comments and suggestions - http://blogs.millersville.edu/xichi/
We are here to serve you!
Kristie Berkstresser, MSN, RN, CNE, BC, PhD Student
Susan Graybill, RN, MSN, MSEd, CNOR
Kelly Kuhns, MSN, RN, PhD (c)
Betsey Musser, MSN, RN
Rebecca Nehring, MSN, CRNP
Barbara Zimmerman, Faculty Advisor, PhD, CNS, RN, FNASN
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Barbara Zimmerman and Dee Minchhoff, MSN, CRNP