RN students must:
- Have completed 12 credit hours at current school;
- Have completed 1/2 of the nursing curriculum;
- Have at least a GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 grading scale);
- Rank in the upper 35 percentile of graduating class.
- meet the expectation of academic integrity.
Graduate students must:
- Have completed 1/4 of the nursing curriculum;
- Have at least a GPA of 3.5 (based on a 4.0 grading scale).
- Meet the expectation of academic integrity.
The University programs will determine eligible students according to STTI criteria and the counselors will submit the list of qualified student nominees to STTI. These nominees are asked to accept the invitation; confirm the application; and submit membership fees prior to the deadline noted in the invitation from the Chapter in order to take part in the induction ceremony. Should the acceptance of application and membership fees be submitted after that date, the student will receive their certificate and membership packet after all inductions have be completed. Only students accepting the application/fees within the induction timeframe can participate in the induction ceremony. Should a student who had been invited to join the Chapter may accept the application and remit membership fees at any time to become a member by going to http://www.nursingsociety.org/Membership/ApplyNow/Pages/applynow.aspx .Accept Invitation – Confirm application and submit membership fees.
Nursing Professionals/Community Leaders
See Call For Leaders section of home page for relevant dates and application
- Be legally recognized to practice nursing in his/her country;
- Hold at least a baccalaureate degree in nursing or other field;
- Have demonstrated achievement in nursing in one of the following areas: education, practice, research, global health, administration or publication.
- To see examples of leadership achievements, please go to http://www.nursingsociety.org/Membership/ApplyNow/Pages/nl_memcriteria.aspx
To be considered for membership under the Exception rule, students:
- may have a cumulative GPA below 3.0 or a GPA that is below the upper 35%;
- shall have a nursing major GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- shall otherwise meet the criteria for membership (1/2 of the nursing curriculum completed, expectation of academic integrity)