The purpose of this award is to recognize a member of the Xi Chi Chapter who has achieved excellence in nursing research according to the standards of Sigma Theta Tau International.
All forms must be submitted by October 9
Criteria for Eligibility:
- The criteria for the Xi Chi Excellence in Nursing Research Award are as follows:
- Utility of Research- Research has either potentially advanced the health of the public, the continued development of nursing theory, or the practice of nursing.
- Need for Research- Research was relevant and needed.
- Research Integrity- Methods and research practices are in agreement with professional standards.
- Be the principal investigator of research, which was completed within the last 5 years.
- Recipients of the award within the previous three years are not eligible.
- Nominees must agree in advance to present results of research at the Xi Chi Distinguished Lectureship event and in the Chapter Newsletter.
- Nominees must be an active member of the Xi Chi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International. Nominees must accept the nomination. Self-nominations are also accepted from Xi Chi members.
- Inform the nominee of your nomination and ensure his/her agreement. Notify the nominee to complete the application form for the Award of Excellence in Nursing Research. As the person making the nomination, complete the following:
Person making the nomination – Name: Address: City/State/Zip: Phone: and the Nominee – Address: City/State/Zip: Phone:
Title of the Research: and the Justification for the nominee’s research (utility, integrity, and need) qualifies for this award.
Please submit the above information with a justification to person noted on this webpage.
- A completed Application Form for the Award of Excellence in Nursing Research must be received from the nominee by the Awards Committee Chairperson by the date specified.
- Submission of applications can be either emailed to the address listed above.
Application Form for:
Nursing-Research-Award form (in Adobe PDF form) – to be completed by nominee.