The purpose of this award is to recognize a nurse who has achieved excellence in nursing practice according to the standards of Sigma Theta Tau International.
All forms must be submitted by October 9
Criteria for Eligibility:
- A clinical expert, applying a strong knowledge of nursing practice and research. Peers, clients, and public recognize his/her expertise.
- Advances the scope and practice of clinical nursing by participation in legislation, professional organizations, the media and other means.
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor that inspires peers’ practice of nursing or shapes Xi Chi Chapter development.
- Impacts the health of the community through the use of clinical nursing initiatives.
- Utilizes creatively and communication to further the practice of clinical nursing through technology, research, professional presentations, a scholarly publications.
- Demonstrates other significant areas of clinical practice contributions.
- Nominees must be an active member of the Xi Chi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International. Nominees must accept the nomination. Self-nominations are also accepted from Xi Chi members.
- Nominees must accept the nomination.
- A Nomination Form for the Award of Excellence in Nursing Practice must be completed in full and submitted to the Xi Chi Chapter Awards Committee Chairperson.
- Submission of applications can be emailed to the address listed above.
- Excellence-In-Practice-Award form (in Adobe PDF form)