The Xi Chi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau grants an annual award to an outstanding undergraduate student who has graduated from the Millersville University Department of Nursing. The award recognizes scholastic achievement, excellence in nursing practice, and leadership ability.
Criteria for Eligibility:
The award is given to an individual who has graduated within the last year from the RN-BSN program at Millersville University who meets the following criteria:
- Has an academic cumulative average of 3.0 or above.
- Demonstrates excellence in nursing practice.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- The MU Department of Nursing Faculty selects the recipient.
- The individual selected for the Carol Y. Phillips Undergraduate Award is notified in writing by the Chairperson of the Xi Chi Awards Committee and is presented with $100.00 and a certificate. The name of the selected individual is engraved on a chapter plaque, which is on display in the Millersville University Department of Nursing.
- The recipient of the award is announced at the annual Distinguished Lectureship.