Established in 1922, the mission of Sigma Theta Tau International, the Honor Society of Nursing, is to improve the health of people worldwide through the development of nurse leaders and nursing knowledge. The society provides its members with opportunities and responsibilities to contribute to the accomplishment of this mission. The purposes of Sigma Theta Tau International are to:
- recognize superior achievement
- recognize and develop leadership qualities
- foster high professional standards
- encourage creative work, and
- strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the profession.
2011-2012 Xi Chi-at-Large Chapter Goals:
- Work towards an 8th Key award (January 2012 ACHIEVED-8th Consecutive Key Award!!!)
- Pursue chapter rechartering to Xi Chi-at-Large Chapter with Lancaster General College (recharter April 22, 2012)
- Improve membership involvement
- Strengthen leadership succession
Xi Chi-at-Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International would like to identify Nurse Leader candidates for membership. Please refer to the Nurse Leader Brochure (pg. 2) for qualification criteria for Nurse Leaders. Then invite a colleague who meets the criteria and would help to strengthen our chapter. Candidates are eligible for membership if they hold
A minimum of a baccalaureate degree and have demonstrated achievement in nursing in at least one of the following areas:
- administration or
Share with a colleague the form and brochure and invite them to apply. They can use this writeable form online or download and print. Have them submit the Nurse Leader form and a current resume to Cindy Stermer, 4030 Old Bridgeville Road, Felton, PA 17332 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 18, 2013. Invitations to join will be mailed early March for the April 14th induction.
Xi Chi has earned its 8th Consecutive Chapter Key Award. Few chapters have achieved this honor, and Xi Chi is the only chapter to have earned 8 consecutive awards. This is a tribute to the chapter membership, and all individual and collective achievements that support the missions of STTI. Kelli Lingg, Xi Chi President, will receive the award at the Biennium Convention.
- The Chapter Amendment Application to become Xi Chi-at-Large Chapter was submitted to STTI headquarters on August 8th. The vote was 91% in favor of this action to merge Lancaster General College with Millersville University to form the Xi Chi-at-Large Chapter. The application will be reviewed by various committees of the STTI Board of Directors. We anticipate a decision in early 2012.