Our mesclun

Day 7, November 7th, 2011

Today during class we took a look at our water culture growing system. It seems to be doing great. The mesclun is growing each time we check on it. We are still having some issues controlling pH levels, but as far as I can tell from plant growth, we are doing a good job with it. We are trying to maintain a pH of around 6.5. As for the actual size of our plants, things are looking up. Each leaf is about, on average, 3 to 4 inches in length and looks very healthy. The lamp which provides heat and light to our plants got lowered closer to our system. Another group who is using this area did this. If it does not hinder our plants growth, we will leave it as it is. Another thing I noticed about our system is the small amount of water it is consuming. We started with about 4 gallons and it has only drank about one half of a single gallon. I am surprised by this, but as long as things keep going in a positive direction, I am not going to worry about it. I did slightly moved our system under the light more directly because the leaves along the edge looked a little discolored. Hopefully moving it more centered under the lamp will help reduce this. Me and Kevin plan to trim some leaves back soon in the hope that new and healthy growth will push out. We will check pH again on Wednesday and see if we need to make any adjustments.

9 thoughts on “Day 7, November 7th, 2011”

1. I enjoy you because of all your effort on this website. My mother loves participating in investigations and it is easy to understand why. Many of us know all concerning the lively mode you offer vital ideas through your blog and in addition welcome participation from some others about this point then our favorite princess is undoubtedly learning a lot. Take advantage of the rest of the new year. You’re conducting a really great job.

2. Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there.

3. you are really a good webmaster. The site loading pace is amazing. It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a fantastic job on this subject!

4. You can certainly see your skills in the paintings you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart. “We are near waking when we dream we are dreaming.” by Friedrich von Hardenberg Novalis.