1/3 – LNP – In article, “5 things you may not know about Lancaster County” – the song, Row, Row, Row Your Boat was written by Eliphalet Oram Lyte, principal of Millersville State Normal School, now Millersville University. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/things-you-may-not-know-about-lancaster-county/article_0b76aaa4-37b1-11e5-91ab-db73c465d603.html.
12/30 – LNP – Dr. Cheryl Desmond, a retired Millersville University education professor and School District of Lancaster board member was interviewed for article, “Watchdog Group Wants ‘To Create Positive Change’ If You Go; Education Trump’s Election Spurred Concerned Residents To Form Advocacy Group.”
12/29 – LNP
- Millersville’s Eric Horst interviewed for article, “Year Of Extremes; Weather County Experienced Near-Blizzard, Tornado, Heat, Drought In 2016.”
- Millersville’s Dr. Rita Smith Wade-El interviewed and photographed for article, “Kwanzaa Celebration Tonight.”
- Letter to Editor – MU professors help spread holiday cheer – Kudos to Millersville University professors Keith Wiley and Christy Banks for organizing, rehearsing, conducting and emceeing Tuba Christmas. Good times in Lancaster Square. Written by Bertie Brown
12/28 – LNP – “Car-sharing service coming to MU campus.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/zipcar-to-make-lancaster-county-debut-at-millersville-university-on/article_f88d4cd4-cb7c-11e6-bcee-e7af8acbe913.html.
12/27 – LNP – “Pushing the Boundaries of Diversity: A Town Hall on Socioeconomic School Integration” will be held Jan. 24 at the Ware Center. The forum is sponsored by LNP Media Group and Millersville University.
12/25 – Associated Press – Millersville’s Dr. Francis Bremer, professor emeritus of history was interviewed on article on fake news. He said there’s a lot of attention being paid right now to how you distinguish between real news and fake news. But this is something historians grapple with all the time. Read more at: https://apnews.com/efcd2f7d8b5b47b7aef19b3279562146. Also in Press Herald – http://www.pressherald.com/2016/12/25/scholars-team-up-to-dispel-myths-and-challenge-long-held-assumptions-about-how-u-s-was-settled/.
12/25 – Reading Eagle – Millersville alum featured in story, “Tri-County In Our Schools: Diana Hofmanner, Pottstown School District.” Read more at: http://www.readingeagle.com/news/article/tri-county-in-our-schools-diana-hofmanner-pottstown-school-district.
12/23 – LNP – Feature article and photos of December’s graduation. Read story at: http://lancasteronline.com/millersville-student-s-path-to-degree-crystallizes-the-value-of/article_55587d90-c898-11e6-8d4a-af33a15f1ebb.html.
12/22 – Harrisburg: Environmental Issues in Pennsylvania Crisci Associates issued a release: Presidents and Chancellors from more than 170 Colleges and Universities, including President Anderson from Millersville University, joined together Monday to urge president-elect Trump and the incoming congressional representatives to accelerate progress towards a clean energy future.
12/21 – WITF – Millersville featured in article on faculty contracts – http://www.witf.org/news/2016/12/contracts-approved-for-state-university-faculty-coaches.php
12/20 – Live Science – Millersville’s Dr. Dominique Didier interviewed for article – “Mysterious ‘Ghost Shark’ Found for 1st Time in Northern Hemisphere.” Read more at: http://www.livescience.com/57272-ghost-shark-video-from-northern-hemisphere.htm.
12/20 – Wildlife.org – Seven undergraduate students — three at Millersville University in Pennsylvania, advised by assistant professor of conservation biology, mammalogy and ornithology Aaron Haines looked through federal register documents on endangered and threatened species in the United States and recorded the reasons each species was listed. They presented their findings in the student poster session at the 2016 TWS Annual Conference in October and took home first place for their work. Read entire article at: http://wildlife.org/student-poster-winner-wildlife-threats-over-the-years/
12/19 – The Lebanon Daily News (Pennsylvania) – Article on a restored lime kiln included interview with Kenneth Miller, a retired Millersville University professor, who has made a study of lime kilns in Lancaster County.
12/18 – York Dispatch – Millersville’s. Dr. Kelly Kuhns interviewed for article, “Pa. science professionals wary of Trump’s EPA pick.” Read more at: http://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/health/2016/12/16/pa-health-professionals-wary-trumps-epa-pick/95518122/.
12/17 – Christian Science Monitor (also in the French Tribune and Stock Watch) – Millersville’s Dr. Dominique Didier was quoted in article, “Mysterious ghost shark caught on video; This species of the deep sea creature has never before been spotted or filmed in Northern Hemisphere waters.”
12/15 – National Geographic – Millersville’s Dr. Dominique Didier interviewed for article, “Deep-Sea Ghost Shark Filmed Alive In Ocean For First Time.” Read more at: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/12/pointy-nosed-blue-chimaeras-ghost-sharks/.
12/15 – State Impact – Millersville’s Dr. Kelly Kuhns interviewed for article, “Pa. environmental chief waiting to see what Trump administration will bring” – https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2016/12/15/pa-environmental-chief-waiting-to-see-what-trump-administration-will-bring/.
12/7 – LNP
- Front page article on Sight & Sound included interview with Millersville’s Dr. David DiRusso – http://lancasteronline.com/insider/sight-sound-to-put-movie-of-stage-production-in-theaters/article_84ade95e-bc0e-11e6-8513-5756d0acd74d.html.
- Man charged with trying to kill girlfriend – on former MU student.
- “Ex-MU officer to lead civil rights commission” – on Patricia Hopson-Shelton.
- Field hockey mention – Millersville student athletes named to All-America Team. Read story at: http://www.millersvilleathletics.com/news/2016/12/5/field-hockey-millersville-trio-lands-all-america-recognition.aspx.
- Indoor Track and Field – Millersville’s Sunflower Greene shattered a long-standing school record in the shot put. Read more at: http://www.millersvilleathletics.com/news/2016/12/3/womens-indoor-track-and-field-greene-ingold-post-ncaa-provisional-marks.aspx.
12/7 – The Philadelphia Inquirer – Feature article on two former MU students “The Parent Trip: Brendan Stiteler and Caroline Campbell of Media.” Read article at: http://www.philly.com/philly/living/20161207_The_Parent_Trip__Brendan_Stiteler_and_Caroline_Campbell_of_Media.html.
12/1 – LNP
- Ware Center listed in “First Friday for the Holidays.”
- Millersville’s Ken Brent will present a before-and-after architectural slideshow of houses in Millersville on Saturday morning, Dec. 10.
- Basketball mention, Millersville dropped a 74 to 69 decision on the road at Wilmington.
- Entertainment mention, “MU Global Film.”
11/30 – Lancaster Online – Millersville University to host forum on community-police relations. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/millersville-university-to-host-forum-on-community-police-relations/article_704edbe6-b72f-11e6-9dad-97fb0eb48383.html.
11/30 – AASCU Newsletter – Millersville’s Director of Purchasing and Campus Services David Errickson and senior geography major Jessica Stokes have been recognized as sustainability champions for their work and devotion to sustainability efforts at Millersville University. Result of news release.
11/30 – Lancaster Online – Millersville’s Eric Horst interviewed for article, “Thunderstorms, near-record high possible in Lancaster County today.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/thunderstorms-near-record-high-possible-in-lancaster-county-today/article_b1f908d0-b6f5-11e6-8469-57c16ba2b08d.html.
11/29 – Department of Education release – “Wolf Administration Awards First-ever ‘It’s On Us PA’ Grants to Combat Campus Sexual Assault.” Millersville University among those awarded grants.
11/29 – Broadway World.com – “Get Your Merry On at Millersville University” – featuring Glorious Sounds of the Season concerts – http://www.broadwayworld.com/central-pa/article/Get-Your-Merry-On-at-Millersville-University-20161129. Result of news release.
11/24 and 11/25 – WGAL – Turkey Trot coverage on Millersville University’s campus.
11/13 – LNP – Millersville’s Dr. Nazli Hardy wrote column, “Reflections from an immigrant to the US.” Read article here – http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/reflections-on-the-election-from-an-immigrant-to-the-us/article_e379089e-a776-11e6-a135-2f7393a3d7a2.html.
- Feature article in Entertainment Lancaster – “Flamenco with Flair – Spain’s traditional, highly emotional art form takes The Ware Center’s stage Tuesday.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/passion-of-flamenco-coming-to-ware-center/article_cf696462-a6b7-11e6-b5c4-1f6885ee28c4.html.
- Feature article, “Millersville’s turn with ‘Spring Awakening.’” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/spring-awakening-comes-to-millersville-university-thursday/article_0129cb76-a6b9-11e6-8e5f-8732664844b7.html.
- Millersville students interviewed for article, “Local supporters embrace red victory.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/some-lancaster-county-residents-fear-trump-presidency-others-say-the/article_ee8b90fc-a6cd-11e6-a50b-f3088e16adf4.html.
11/7 – NCAA-com – Millersville’s field hockey team mentioned in article – http://www.ncaa.com/news/fieldhockey/article/2016-11-07/field-hockey-division-ii-championship-field-announced.
11/2 – LNP
- Front page article, “Forecasters call for more snow this winter” included interview with Millersville’s Eric Horst. Read story at: http://lancasteronline.com/insider/eric-horst-predicts-lancaster-county-will-get-between-and-inches/article_1c5d3e54-a093-11e6-845c-ebaace093791.html.
- Feature article on field hockey, “Millersville field hockey heads to PSAC semifinals.” Read more about field hockey at: http://www.millersvilleathletics.com/news/2016/11/1/field-hockey-marauders-march-onward-victory-sends-millersville-to-psac-semis.aspx.
11/1 – Lancaster Online – Feature film story includes mention of Millersville’s Dr. Jill Craven and her work with film clubs. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/penn-cinema-film-club-classic-movies-on-the-big-screen/article_84543b16-9fa8-11e6-a934-6729084c2a5a.html.
11/1 – LNP
- “Student initially denied giving bleach to pregnant girlfriend, complaint says. Read article at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/mu-student-charged-after-giving-pregnant-girlfriend-bleach-tainted-water/article_723479a8-9faf-11e6-9ec1-13d015e990b3.html.
- Baseball brief – Millersville’s head baseball coach, Jon Shehan, was named Chuck Tanner collegiate Baseball Head Coach of the Year. Read more at: http://www.millersvilleathletics.com/news/2016/10/31/baseball-shehan-to-be-recognized-as-chuck-tanner-collegiate-head-coach-of-the-year.aspx.
10/30 – Sunday LNP
- ”Officials charge MU student with attempted murder.” Read story at – http://lancasteronline.com/news/national/student-accused-of-putting-bleach-in-pregnant-woman-s-water/article_dd548309-59e3-5d2e-8fb3-9a99db48d303.html.
- Football, Millersville 34, Cheyney 6.
10/28 – 10/30 Coverage included: Associated Press, AOL News, New York Daily News, WGAL, ABC 27, CBS 21, Fox 43, The Independent (United Kingdom), ABC 7 (Los Angeles), Daily Star Online (Washington D.C.), Emirates 24/7, The Washington Post, The Virginian – Pilot (Norfolk, VA.), Metro – Philadelphia, CBS – 12 WJTV (Jackson, Mississippi), CBS – 3 WREG (Memphis, Tennessee), Fox 32 Chicago, Fox News Network –
“Student allegedly put bleach in pregnant girlfriend’s water bottle” article on Millersville University student. Read story from Fox 43 at: http://fox43.com/2016/10/28/millersville-student-charged-with-putting-bleach-in-pregnant-girlfriends-water-bottle/ and here http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/penn-college-student-put-bleach-pregnant-girlfriend-water-article-1.2850201.
10/29 – LNP – Feature story on field hockey, “Spatichia is Marauders’ backbone.” Read story at: http://lancasteronline.com/sports/fieldhockey/millersville/spatichia-serves-a-backbone-for-millersville-field-hockey/article_970d6748-9d67-11e6-a894-4722ee75fa49.html.
10/29 – Lancaster Online – Millersville University hosted Disproportionate Minority Youth Conference. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/annual-conference-brings-cops-kids-together-in-positive-proactive-ways/article_468765ae-9d52-11e6-99d3-27d1f4d3104b.html.
10/28 – Lancaster Online – “Firefighter at $60,000 townhouse fire in Millersville taken to hospital with chest pains,” included interview with Millersville’s Dr. Duane Hagelgans. Four female Millersville University students live in the townhouse and all were sleeping when a smoke detector sounded, awakening them. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/firefighter-at-townhouse-fire-in-millersville-taken-to-hospital-with/article_e128ef8e-9d01-11e6-9ab4-df7ac55e71c8.html.
10/26 – Lancaster Online – Millersville’s Eric Horst interviewed for article, “Frost to give way to high of 50 Wednesday; rain likely Thursday in Lancaster County.” http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/frost-to-give-way-to-high-of-wednesday-rain-likely/article_23ecdd36-9b6c-11e6-9a88-f70643601fd6.html.
10/26 – Chronicle of Higher Education – “In Pennsylvania, the Strike Is Over, but the Challenges Remain.” Read more at: http://www.chronicle.com/article/In-Pennsylvania-the-Strike-Is/238192?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en&elqTrackId=62c98d73978149678cf84fadd4eee3d3&elq=c3be2099d71240ec93992e3658b3c68d&elqaid=11262&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=4353.
10/25 – PennLive – “Details leaked of the proposed faculty contract that ended three-day strike at state universities.” Read more at: http://www.pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/details_leaked_of_the_proposed.html?ath=39811aa7acf2eec8945f9ddc63928f0d#cmpid=nsltr_stryheadline.
10/24 – Wikipedia – Millions of people use Wikipedia to find out quick facts about nearly everything. Sea life is no exception. Students from Millersville University’s Seminar in Marine Biology course, led by Dr. Jean Boal, know that: their course contributions to Wikipedia have been seen 315,000 times so far.https://wikiedu.org/blog/2016/10/24/the-roundup-under-the-sea/.
10/24 – LNP – Article on Millersville student reactions to political race – http://lancasteronline.com/insider/college-students-view-clinton-trump-race-with-angst-resignation/article_6b24a8f6-9878-11e6-8a15-5310abd1c4ae.html.
10/23 – LNP – Op-Ed by Dr. John Anderson – http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/leaders-need-to-remember-that-words-have-consequences/article_bd6baea0-9794-11e6-b8ac-2be6a4e06721.html
10/22 – Lancaster Online – Faculty strike ends at Millersville University after state makes pact with union – http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/faculty-strike-ends-at-millersville-university-after-state-makes-pact/article_61f9eadc-97cb-11e6-8a79-af8ca1ad1aaf.html
10/21 – Reading Eagle – Berks students get unexpected free time with faculty strike http://www.readingeagle.com/news/article/berks-students-get-unexpected-free-time-with-faculty-strike
10/21 – The Chronical of Higher Education – Pennsylvania Professors Dig In for a Long Fight http://www.chronicle.com/article/Pennsylvania-Professors-Dig-In/238141
10/21 – WHP-CBS – Professors to strike for 3rd day at 14 state universities – http://local21news.com/news/local/professors-to-strike-for-3rd-day-at-14-state-universities
10/21 – WGAL – Strike ends; Faculty union, state reach tentative agreement – http://www.wgal.com/article/tentative-deal-reached-in-professor-strike/7027320
10/21 – ABC 27 News – University professors have tentative deal, end strike – http://abc27.com/2016/10/21/union-talks-underway-to-end-strike-at-pennsylvania-colleges/
10/21 – The Chronicle of Higher Education – Faculty Strike Ends in Settlement at Pennsylvania’s State-Owned Colleges – http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/faculty-strike-ends-in-settlement-at-pennsylvanias-state-owned-colleges/115213
10/21 – WHP-CBS – Pennsylvania professors agree to contract, end strike – http://local21news.com/news/local/apscuf-in-talks-to-end-state-university-faculty-strike
10/20 – breakingnews.com – Video: Students join faculty on picket line at Millersville University in Pennsylvania http://www.breakingnews.com/item/2016/10/19/video-students-join-faculty-on-picket-line-at/
10/20 – Lancaster Online -APSCUF strike at state-owned universities continues through 2nd day
10/20 – The Chronical of Higher Education – Faculty Strike Throws Pennsylvania’s State-Owned Colleges Into ‘Organized Chaos’ http://www.chronicle.com/article/Faculty-Strike-Throws/238123
10/20 – Allentown Morning Call – Both sides dig in as strike at PA state universities continues for 3rd day http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-universities-strike-enters-second-day-1020-20161020-story.html
10/20 – Yahoo Sports – ‘I Believe That We Will Win’: Faculty, Students Protest Pennsylvania Wage Contract https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/video/believe-win-faculty-students-protest-194346441.html
10/20 – WMUR – More than 100,000 students left in lurch as university teachers strike http://www.wmur.com/article/more-than-100000-students-left-in-lurch-as-university-teachers-strike/6943427
10/20 – abc27 – Professors walk picket lines for 2nd day http://abc27.com/2016/10/20/professors-walk-picket-lines-for-2nd-day/
10/20 – The Slate Online – Faculty, students take to street in first day of strike http://www.theslateonline.com/article/2016/10/faculty-students-take-to-street-in-first-day-of-strike
10/20 – WITF – Day two of APSCUF strike http://www.witf.org/news/2016/10/day-two-of-apscuf-strike.php
10/19 – Lancaster Online – Professors on strike at Millersville, 13 other Pennsylvania state universities http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/professors-on-strike-at-millersville-other-pennsylvania-state-universities/article_3dcf436e-95e6-11e6-ae6a-1b8d356f5c4a.html
10/13 – LNP
- Front page article, “MU to step up gender inclusivity.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/insider/lancaster-county-colleges-implement-gender-neutral-housing-preferred-name-policies/article_d34db562-90da-11e6-a890-7f92f72cdafd.html.
- Feature story and photos on field hockey “Play and Learn – Millersville can use 1-0 loss to Shippensburg as fuel for future.” Read story at: http://lancasteronline.com/sports/fieldhockey/millersville/no-millersville-can-use—field-hockey-loss-to/article_eeb2a5c2-90d7-11e6-873c-7b2745d7208c.html.
- Entertainment Lancaster mentions – all the result of news releases.
- MU Spanish Film Series
- Ware Center On Screen/In person film series
- MU Orchestra and Concert Band – Sunday at Winter Center.
10/12 – ABC 27 – Story on APSCUF/State System negotiations included interview with Millersville’s Dr. Tom Boyle. Watch video at: http://abc27.com/2016/10/12/strike-date-quickly-approaching-for-faculty-at-14-state-owned-universities/.
10/12 – LNP – Editorial today is “Crunch time” on negotiations between State System and APSCUF. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/editorials/time-is-running-out-for-the-state-university-system-and/article_831b7006-8fdc-11e6-bab0-7bde5e1cd90c.html.
10/11 – ABC 27 – Millersville’s Dr. Duane Hagelgans interviewed for article “Heating experts: It’s important to keep heating sources clean.” Read more at: http://abc27.com/2016/10/11/heating-experts-its-important-to-keep-heating-sources-clean/.
October 2016 – Business2Business – Millersville’s Dr. Stacey Irwin interviewed for article, “Manage Virtual Communications.” Read more at: http://www.business2businessonline.com/Article/1767.
10/9 – LNP
- “Millersville receives honors for diversity.” Result of news release. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/community/millersville-receives-fifth-straight-diversity-award/article_f7f02de4-8b2d-11e6-8c4c-dbb581d63b6f.html.
- Feature story on Millersville’s Dr. Nanette Marcum-Dietrich’s $2.5 million grant to help middle school students. Result of pitching/news release. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/storm-tracking-for-middle-schoolers-millersville-u-assists-on-project/article_4da34f50-8b3d-11e6-bf9f-379c6e05f5b9.html.
9/26, 9/27 – WGAL – “Millersville group starts “The Challenge” to raise awareness of breast cancer.” Watch story at: http://www.wgal.com/news/millersville-university-group-starts-the-challenge-to-raise-awareness-of-breast-cancer/41842798.
9/25 – LNP –
Millersville mentioned throughout editorial “LNP forum examining political correctness on college campuses shows it’s possible to discuss controversial issues.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/lnp-forum-examining-political-correctness-on-college-campuses-shows-it/article_e0ba24e4-81c4-11e6-8607-8bcc6075b263.html
9/19 – LNP – Editorial – “A discussion about free speech on campus” included that Millersville University will participate in 9/20 event at Ware Center. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/editorials/discussion-about-free-speech-on-lancaster-county-college-campuses-to/article_72740038-7c63-11e6-b47b-f34bb47f473e.html.
9/18 – LNP – Feature article on Field Hockey – “Millersville’s Hershey finds net on late corner in 2OT field hockey win over Kutztown.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/sports/fieldhockey/millersville/millersville-s-hershey-finds-net-on-late-corner-in-ot/article_881eaa10-7d2a-11e6-87c7-1b409fb0fae9.html
9/11 – LNP
- Feature article and photo “Muslin-American takes on post-9/11 stereotypes – Aasif Mandvi, well known ‘Daily Show’ correspondent, to speak at Millersville University.” Read story at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/daily-show-s-aasif-mandvi-talks-about-being-muslim-in/article_491f4bc0-76c3-11e6-ba27-5343c3689a1b.html.
- Column by Millersville’s Dr. Nazli Hardy, “Learning how to be an American on that dark day in city of her dreams.” Read column at: http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/learning-how-to-be-an-american-on-that-dark-day/article_11863410-7693-11e6-ade4-5f16aea332e9.html.
9/8 – LNP
- Front page of Entertainment Lancaster section, “Namaste! Be immersed in all things Indian Saturday at Millersville University.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/immerse-yourself-in-all-things-indian-saturday-during-namaste-at/article_4b44a5da-7510-11e6-ae01-4322cb4580f5.html.
- Feature article on film series at Ware Center, “Showing now: 6 movies; showing up: their makers.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/new-film-series-brings-filmmakers-to-ware-center/article_9b4244aa-7481-11e6-9723-ffa4627775b2.html.
- Photo and mini feature on Ike Hay Foundry Invitational at Sykes Gallery.
- Feature story on sculptor Dan Witmer, a Millersville alum, “With heavy heart, metal sculptor stops heavy lifting.” Read story at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/dan-witmer-s-metal-sculptures-on-display-and-for-sale/article_d115d5d6-745b-11e6-8c85-9b5cc11c617b.html.
8/23 – Blue Ridge Cable, News 11 – Millersville’s Laura Kendall, was interviewed for a story about the pending liquor license for the Ware Center.
8/23 – Philly Inquirer – A May graduate, Qwan Lewis, died in a car crash Saturday night – http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160824_Cops_ID_man_killed_in_Chesco_crash.html A gofundme campaign has been set up for his family for the cost of the funeral: https://www.gofundme.com/2kx84uc. Qwan was featured in an article earlier this year in LNP on his music – http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/young-black-remembers-late-father-in-his-music/article_cc57b810-c50c-11e5-9b26-77ea5bc35f38.html.
8/12 – Central Penn Business Journal – Millersville’s Dr. Victor DeSantis was interviewed for article, “Blended learning appeals to students, colleges.” Read more at: http://www.cpbj.com/article/20160812/CPBJ01/160819917/blended-learning-appeals-to-students-colleges.
8/8 – LNP – Grant Aids New Stem Program At MU; National Science Foundation Awards $300K For Research Of Minor.
7/26 – LNP – “Even in July, 100-degree days quite rare” included information from Millersville University’s weather records. Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/the-hottest-july-days-on-record/article_b6cfbbdc-5288-11e6-8310-a760f4540913.html.
7/25 – WGAL – Story on students at Millersville University becoming beekeepers. Result of pitching. Watch at: http://www.wgal.com/news/millersville-students-are-the-drive-behind-campus-hives/40867464.
7/21 – LNP – Feature article and photos on Ike Hay Foundry exhibit. Read article and see photos at: http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/fantasy-world-cast-in-bronze-foundry-invitational-exhibit-at-sykes/article_2e61f562-4cfc-11e6-bb53-abda538c6b20.html.
7/12 – LNP – Feature article on Millersville graduate, “Brandon Miller is finding his way.” Read more at: http://lancasteronline.com/sports/baseball/former-mount-marauder-ace-miller-making-progress-as-pro-pitcher/article_76df492a-47bb-11e6-8c9d-6f8f892a4989.html.
7/11 – PennLive – Millersville University is ranked 615 in Forbes list of top schools in the nation. Read more at: http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/07/what_are_the_top_schools_in_pe.html?ath=39811aa7acf2eec8945f9ddc63928f0d#0
7/8 – CBS 21 – Millersville’s Dr. Duane Hagelgans interviewed for article on emergency notifications – http://local21news.com/news/local/how-to-receive-emergency-notifications-from-south-central-alert-system
7/6 – Philly.com – Millersville’s Brian Hazlett interviewed for article, “One in four college freshmen won’t return this fall. Here’s how schools are trying to bring them back.” Read more at – http://articles.philly.com/2016-07-06/news/74247527_1_freshmen-community-college-students.
7/6 – CBS 21 – Interview with Millersville’s Duane Hagelgans on his research on reduction in volunteers. http://local21news.com/news/local/volunteer-firefighter-creates-survey-to-understand-severe-shortage
7/5 – LNP – “Retired MU safety prof wins lifetime achievement honor.” Feature article on Paul Specht. http://lancasteronline.com/business/local_business/retired-mu-safety-prof-wins-lifetime-achievement-honor/article_bbed58c6-42e9-11e6-a669-f7c67bf8b464.html
6/19/16 – LNP article, “MU’s Newest ‘Village.’”