CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 11 p.m.
The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) is honored to sponsor the 8th Annual PASSHE Summit on November 12-14, 2014 at Millersville University. Just as a passport permits a person to cross borders and enter new worlds, this year the PASSHE Summit invites us to be innovative, creative and engaging as we navigate an increasingly diverse global society. Inclusive excellence embodies creating critical innovative thinkers who will bridge the distance between diverse communities of learners and engage in the promotion of global citizenship. As a community of learners we must constantly provide opportunities that stretch the boundaries of our imagination and foster innovation through experiences that inform and transform our thinking.
Proposals for the 2014 PASSHE Summit should incorporate the following: “Diversity’s impact on innovation, creativity and/or engagement in pursuit of inclusive excellence and the promotion of global citizenship.”
The Program Committee invites faculty, professional staff, graduate and undergraduate students to submit proposals in one of the following areas. The Committee encourages joint faculty-student presentations.
• Original Research
• Theoretical Framework
• Case Studies/Model Programs/Creative Works
• Policy & Advocacy
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Please submit your completed program proposals electronically and in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com. Lead presenters will be notified of acceptance by September
24, 2014. If your proposal is accepted, all presenters will be expected to attend the conference and pay for applicable registration(s), travel, and lodging accordingly. If all presenters of accepted proposals do not register for the 2014 PASSHE Summit within the timeline prescribed, the session may be cancelled or replaced.
Proposals are to include:
• Program Title (Maximum of 50 characters and spaces)
• Program Synopsis or Abstract (For publication in conference program, maximum of 100 words)
• Presentation Description (maximum 250-500 word)–Include the title of the presentation; target audience; summary of the presentation; relevance to the conference theme; and learning outcomes if applicable.
• Program/Session Type (60 minute format)–Presentation method (individual papers, panels, performances, think-tanks or roundtables, workshops).
• Presenter(s) Contact Information–Name, position, institution, address, phone, email and please indicate one LEAD Presenter/Contact Person.
• Brief Bio (1 paragraph)–for all presenters
• Technology–Description of media, AV and materials or handouts.