The Department of Housing & Residential Programs (HARP) is looking for returning students, staff, faculty, and alumni to serve as volunteer “Movers & Shakers” for move-in help on Thursday, August 23, 2018 from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Additionally, we are seeking volunteers to also help with our transfer student move-in on Saturday, August 25, 2018 from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Movers & Shakers are responsible for meeting and greeting new students, their families, and helping to move students’ belongings into their rooms in the residence halls.
Student Movers & Shakers will be required to attend a short instructional meeting on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 8:00 PM in the Great Room of South Village.
Benefits of being a volunteer “Mover & Shaker” includes the following responsibilities and benefits:
- Volunteers can move in early on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 between 6:00 – 7:30 PM.
- A free limited edition t-shirt to identify yourself as a “Mover & Shaker”
- Free continental breakfast served on Thursday and Saturday mornings
- Free lunch served on Thursday afternoon
- Students who help on both Thursday and Saturday will receive a special Millersville University promotional item (last year we gave out messenger bags)
- The opportunity to be a servant leader and welcome new students and their families to Millersville University!
*** Students: Please note that if you sign up, move into the residence halls early as a Mover & Shaker, and do not participate as promised, you will be billed accordingly for the early move-in period as well as the cost of the t-shirt.
If you would like to help, please visit the following page to sign-up:
This is an exciting opportunity as it brings our University community together to celebrate the beginning of the new academic year. We hope you’ll be a part of this great tradition!