Millersville University Residence Hall Thanksgiving Break 2017 Bulletin
The Thanksgiving Break will start at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 22, 2017. The residence halls will be available for occupancy during the Thanksgiving Break, but resident students must register the intention to stay on campus during the Thanksgiving Break through the following survey monkey link no later than 8:00 p.m. on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Millersville University Housing and Residential Programs Thanksgiving Break 2017 Registration
The Residence Hall Staff may conduct Health and Safety Inspections in each residence hall suite in preparation for the start of the Thanksgiving Break. Please review the following instructions and information carefully to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct for improper maintenance of your residence hall suite/room.
Thanksgiving Break Housing Information:
· The residence halls will be operational during Thanksgiving Break for residents who register for break housing.
· All University Administrative Offices will be closed for Thanksgiving Break Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 4:30 p.m. until Monday, November 27, 2017, 8:00 a.m. University Police Non-Emergency Line (717) 871-4357 will be answered by Lancaster County-Wide Communications.
· Information Desk line closed 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 22, 2017, until 10:00 a.m. Friday, November 24, 2017.
· Meal plans are not active during Thanksgiving Break. See Dining Services website for hours of operation. Cash, Flex, and Marauder Gold may be used during hours of operation.
· Health Services will be closed during Thanksgiving Break. Use local hospitals or urgent care centers as needed.
· Students are not required to surrender residence hall keys to the staff prior to leaving for the break.
· Visitation is not allowed during Thanksgiving Break.
· The Housekeeping and Facilities Management Staffs may be working in the campus residence halls to perform maintenance tasks during portions of the break that require entrance to resident rooms. The Housing Staff will post a courtesy sign on your door indicating that the room is occupied. This sign will ensure that workers will not enter your room without knocking. Please leave it in place for the duration of the break.
Thanksgiving Break Preparation Procedures:
Prior to the start of the break, all resident students MUST:
· Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpster in the parking lots outside your residence hall.
· Clean the room/suite including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
· Clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, showers to the residence hall staff.
· Remove stale food from your refrigerator and properly dispose of it through proper trash removal
· If you are leaving for the break, turn off the lights
· If you are leaving for the break, set the thermostat to 70 degrees
· If you are leaving for the break, close and lock the window
· If you are leaving for the break, lower the blinds halfway but leave them open
· If you are leaving for the break, lock your bedroom door and your suite door
· If you are leaving for the break please move all items from your residence hall floor, especially computer equipment and any items that can be damaged by flooding.
· If you are leaving for the break and you have a Learning Services approved animal in your room, you must take the animal with you. You may not leave animals in the residence hall in the care of another student or staff member.