Millersville University Residence Hall Winter Break
The Winter Break will start at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 17, 2017. The residence halls will be closed during the Winter Break. Resident Students who are continuing in the residence halls to spring 2018, and who have an approved reason for requesting Winter Break Housing may request break housing for all or portions of the Winter Break by completing the following Survey Monkey registration no later than 8:00 p.m. on Monday December 11, 2017. This includes requests for both the December and January portions of the Winter Break. ALL WINTER BREAK HOUSING WILL BE ASSIGNED IN LEHIGH AND BARD HALLS.
Millersville University Housing and Residential Programs Winter Break 2017-2018 Registration
Please review the following instructions and information carefully to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct for improper maintenance and or check out of your residence hall suite/room.
Winter Break 2017-2018 Housing Information:
- The residence halls close for Winter Break at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 17, 2017, for students participating in graduation-related activities. All other resident students are requested to vacate the residence halls after their last final exam and/or no later than 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 16, 2017. Resident Students approved to reside in Lehigh/Bard Halls for Winter Break must relocate to Lehigh/Bard as assigned by Noon on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
- Resident students continuing in the residence halls for spring 2018, and who have an approved reason (see below) may request Winter Break Housing in Lehigh and Bard Halls through survey monkey registration at the link listed above.
- Athlete with mandatory participation requirements
- Campus activity with mandatory participation requirement (documentation verification required)
- International Student on F-1 or J-1 visa through Global Education
- Long Distance student (greater than 100-mile distance to home)
- Winter Session class enrollment (documentations verification required)
- Working on campus (documentation verification required)
- Working off-campus (documentation verification required)
- Other (request will be considered and denied or approved by Housing on a case-by-case basis)
- All Winter Break Housing will be assigned in Lehigh and Bard Halls. Assignments will be made according to survey monkey registration by the Housing and Residential Programs Office. Roommate assignment requests are not offered. All resident students must move to Lehigh or Bard Halls as assigned for break housing. Card access to all other residence halls will end at closing for Winter Break.
- Meal plans are not active during Winter Break. See Dining Services website for hours of operation. Cash, Flex, Marauder Gold, or credit card may be used during hours of operation.
- Health Services will have limited hours of operation during Winter Break. Use local hospitals or urgent care centers as needed.
- Students are not required to surrender residence hall keys to the staff prior to leaving for the break.
- Visitation is not allowed during Winter Break.
- All University Administrative Offices will be closed on Friday, December 22, 2017, 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 8:00 a.m.
The Information Desk will close as follows:
- 6:00 p.m. Saturday, December 23, 2017, until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 26, 2017.
- 6:00 p.m. Saturday, December 30, 2017, until 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 2, 2018
- University Police Non-Emergency Line (717) 871-4357 will be answered by Lancaster County-Wide Communications when the Information Desk is closed.
Winter Break Closing Preparation Procedures:
Prior to the start of the break, all resident students MUST:
- Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpster in the parking lots outside your residence hall.
- Clean the room/suite including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
- Clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, showers to the residence hall staff.
- Clear, clean, defrost and unplug your refrigerator
- Turn off the lights
- Set the thermostat to 68 degrees
- Close and lock the window
- Lower the blinds halfway but leave them open
- Lock your bedroom door and your suite door
- Move all items from your residence hall floor, especially computer equipment and any items that can be damaged by flooding.
- If you have a Learning Services approved animal in your room, you must take the animal with you. You may not leave animals in the residence hall during the break.