As we are heading into finals week, we wanted to give you guys a couple of tips and reminders about whats available to you on campus to help aid in your finals success.
Tutors on campus:
Try to take advantage of the tutoring center we have on campus. If your stuck in a class that is super hard do not hesitate to ask for help. The tutors that are here on campus are really nice and are here to help you.
You can contact the tutoring center in Lyle Hall room 355 , Call 717-871-7222 or visit their website for tutoring times
We have tutors for all of the following academic departments:
- English (English 010 and 110 tutoring will be provided by the English Department and WIN: Writers’ Improvement Network)
- Foreign Languages (tutoring arrangements will be made by the Foreign Language Department)
- Latino/a Studies
- Music (tutoring arrangements will be made by the Philosophy Department)
- Philosophy (tutoring arrangements will be made by the Philosophy Department)
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematics (LD/PD; MSP)*
The Library is open later during finals week so If you are a late owl and can not study at home, you can grab a nice late night frappuccino at Starbucks and study there.
Other Tips for Finals Week:
- Whatever you do, DON’T stress. Stress can cause you to do poorly on your exams. Try some simple breathing exercises to keep your stress level down.
- Create a dependable study group with classmates because sometimes its better to study in a group than alone.
- Try rewriting your notes over again in another notebook. This is a good way to re-teach yourself the material.
- Get sleep! I know we all want to cram in all the information in one night but the best way to prepare for finals is getting all the rest you can have and learn the material with a clear head after a goodnight’s rest.
Good luck on finals everyone!