One would never thing that Lititz is America’s coolest smallest
town! there is just so much to do whether its going out to eat, site seeing , or shopping. Here are a few things you can do in America’s
coolest smallest town: https://lititzpa.com/
Lititz Historical Foundation & Museum
- When you visit the museum you will see and experience the rich history of Lititz. In the 1792 Mueller House, costumed guides will explain what life was like for an 18th century family.
Wilbur Chocolate Store
- If you have a sweet tooth and like chocolate Wilbur chocolate store is the place to go. Watch candy makers create your favorite chocolate sweets and enjoy interesting displays of tins, packaging, equipment.
Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery
- Learn about how to make pretzels! One of PA’s iconic and historic snacks.
Looking for good places to eat? Lititz has a ton of good eatery’s
- Appalachian Brewing Company
- A Tea Affair
- Bruno’s Old Style Hoagies
- Bulls Head Public House/General Sutter Inn
- Danner’s Deli
- JoBoy’s Brew Pub
and many more cool restaurants and little shoppe’s!
Now that it is finally feeling like spring, you may find yourself wanting to spend more time outside. Luckily, there are a ton of outdoor, fun activities in our area to help you enjoy the sunshine!
Chickie’s Rock is a hiking trail just about 20 minutes away. It leads through a wooded path, up a mountain and ends at the edge. Here you will find a beautiful view of the Pinnacle River! Chickie’s Rock is a great place to hike with friends, bring a picnic, and enjoy the lush, green landscape that will soon be.
Millersville offers a Rope’s Course for the dare devil in all of us. Located behind Pucillo Gym, the ropes course offers rock climbing, ziplines, and other trust building activities! For as little as $5, you can partake in a variety of physical activities! Check out all that they have to offer by clicking here!
Long’s Park is a small, quiet park in Lancaster right by the Park City mall. It is perfect for a picnic with friends or just to walk alone to relieve some stress after a long week! They even offer outdoor concerts in their amphitheater in the summer! You can find the directions to Long’s Park here!
No matter where you go or who you’re with, it is clear that Lancaster has a million ways to enjoy the Spring!
Sick of dining hall food? Not a great cook yourself? Luckily, Millersville offers many local places to grab a quick bite, or to sit down with friends and enjoy a full meal. Check out our favorite places nearby!
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe – located next to Sheetz, they offer a variety of healthy smoothies, paninis, flat breads, and sandwiches! go between 8 – 10 am for half priced smoothies!
- Sheetz – our favorite local gas station also offers a variety of quick bites, like breakfast sandwiches, subs, chicken fingers, and more! They also accept Marauder Gold as payment.
- Wayback Burgers – next to Tropical Smoothie Cafe, it’s the perfect place to go for a burger, chicken sandwich, fries, and much more! Try their milkshakes, too!
- Nino’s – We are lucky enough to have 2 Nino’s within close proximity. One is located right by John Herr’s and just recently opened up. The other is located next to Wayback Burgers! Both are great for a slice of pizza or any other Italian dish you could want.
- Two Cousins – speaking of Italian dishes, Two Cousin’s Pizza offers more than just delicious pizza. They also have a menu featuring classic Italian meals at an affordable price – and they Deliver!
- Sugar Bowl – This is one of the more popular places to eat due to it’s location being practically on campus. Whether you dine in at the little shop across from the Library, or have them deliver right to your door, Sugar Bowl is always a great choice for pizza, salads, sandwiches and much more!
- House of Pizza – or more commonly known as HoPie, this establishment is located on the corner of Frederick Street and Prince. Yet another pizza shop known for it’s delicious food and entertainment. Stop by on a Thursday night for Karaoke!
- JavaVille – Straying away from the pizza shop trend, JavaVille is located right across from House of Pizza. They offer all day breakfast and delicious coffee house style beverages.
- Jack’s Family Tavern – not only is it a popular bar for students of age to hang out at on weekends, but Jack’s is also a sit down restaurant that serves home cooked meals at a great price. On Tuesdays at 9:00 they have Trivia, too! Check it out – an be sure to tip your waiter!
- Sugar on Top – perfect for your sweet tooth, Sugar on top sells delicious, over-the-top donuts that everyone loves! There is definitely a flavor made for everyone. Stop by, they are located right across from the church on George Street, by Wickersham.
Come out for bowling and ice cream with Global Ed and Global Marauders! See flyer below for details! Price is FREE but you must sign up with a $5 deposit!
An event to celebrate YOU – the international students at Millersville University! Join us for an evening of delicious food and fun times with friends you have made here at Millersville!
As you know the Spring is coming ! thank goodness no more snow ! Spring fashion in the U.S differs from day to day. Some days we have our wet and rainy days, then we have our super nice warm days and unfortunately we have our cool and windy like days. It is very important to dress how the weather is outside and still look super cute! Here are some tips to dressing for the Spring weather
For the warm days
- Wear something light and flurry, pastel colors are very in during the spring so any light purples, pinks, blues , yellows, and greens should work. Charlotte russe and H&M are great places to get fashionable clothes.
The Rainy wet days
- Always have a pair of rain boots in your closet just in case for a rainy day, I have notice especially during the Spring time at Millersville it rains a ton.
Cool windy days
- Keep a light jacket on hand it can go from being super warm outside to cool and windy in a matter of a day. I would suggest wearing cardigans or a light fleece jacket.
– Jump into fun with Global Ed!
– Checkout their out Skyzone’s website to see all the fun waiting for you: https://www.skyzone.com/lancaster
– Dates & Time: More details to come soon!
- Celebration of International Education Event
SAVE THE DATE! Join us for our annual celebration event with MU administration/faculty, staff, and other students to celebrate international education. It is a wonderful evening to celebrate you and your accomplishments. Dinner is included! You will be receiving an invitation with more info from the Global Ed office shortly.
– Date & Time: Wednesday, April 19 in the early evening
We look forward to seeing you at some of the upcoming events!
Global Education will have a professional tax representative available to help you complete your Tax Return forms for free. All international students who were in the U.S. during 2016 are required to file taxes, even if you did not work. If you do not attend a workshop, you will be responsible for filing your taxes on your own.
- Students who were here in 2016 and also worked will have extra forms to fill out and should bring their W-2 with them
- All students should bring the following: passport, calculator, social security card (if you have one), and W-2 if you worked during 2016
– Dates & Times:
- Thursday, March 23rd at 4pm in the Library room 118
- Wednesday, March 29th at 4pm in the Library room 118
- Be sure to arrive on time at the start of the workshop
- OPT/CPT Employment Workshop
– Students who plan to graduate in the next year and are interested in working in the U.S. may be interested in Optional Practical Training or Curricular Practical Training. Come get some helpful information on how to apply and ask questions! Applications for OPT are due to the U.S. government very soon. If you are considering OPT,you should get started now!
- Tuesday, March 7 from 4-5pm at Cumberland House
- Wednesday, March 8 from 12-1pm at Cumberland House
Spring break is just around the corner (March 13-17) and I am sure you’re just as excited for a week off from classes and school work as everyone else is. Do you any have plans yet on how to really enjoy your week off? If not, check below for some things to do if you’re not jet setting off to a tropical beach somewhere or visiting your home country!
- Enjoy Lancaster – there are plenty of things to do locally that can be fun rain or shine. Aside from the suggestions mentioned in our previous article, there is much more Lancaster has to offer! Strausburgh, for starters, is a small town about 20 minutes away with tons of fun things to discover, like ice cream shops, a railroad track, and antique shops! There are also the outlets near by to shop ’til you drop for new spring clothes! Downtown Lancaster is a great place to browse shops or grab a bite to eat with friends. No matter who you’re with, you are sure to find something fun to do in Lancaster!
- Take a beach trip – Sure, it may not be a luxurious vacation to Cancun, but the beaches of New Jersey and Maryland are only 2-3 hours drive from here. While it may be too cold to go in the water, there is still nothing like the feeling of being in a beach town!
- Go to D.C. or Baltimore – Our nations capital is only 2.5 hours from Millersville, and if you haven’t been yet – you’re missing out! With free museums and other attractions, Washington D.C. is a great city to explore, for a day or more! Baltimore, the capital of Maryland, is only 1.5 hours from here! Baltimore is another city rich with history and filled with fun attractions – like the national aquarium! Both cities are an easy way to have a fun day or weekend with a few friends without traveling too far.
- Visit a friend’s home – If you have made a lot of American friends who live close to here, ask if you can join them at home for a day or two. It’s awesome to be able to see where friends grew up and they know all of the fun things to do in their hometowns as well!
- relax – spring break is an entire week off from classes. While you may have some class work to do over break or tests when you come back, remember to find time to relax. Before you know it, spring break will be over and we will be heading towards midterms and finals! Use this time to catch up on your favorite show, read a good book, enjoy time with friends or family, and relax.