Millersville Student Goes Capitol

6 comments

Hope Foy looks forward to working with the Congressional Black Caucus this summer.

Millersville University’s motto is to “Seize the Opportunity,” and student Hope Foy will definitely be doing that this summer at her internship with the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) in Washington, D.C. Foy will be living in Washington, D.C., for the internship and will work in the office of Congressman Chakka Fattah, chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation and the U.S. representative for Pennsylvania’s 2nd congressional district.

Foy is a junior majoring in government and political affairs with a minor in African-American studies. During the internship, Foy will learn about the legislative process in Congress and will attend professional development events and work on leadership projects.

“My experience will be second to none; not too many college students that have a passion for legislation are able to spend nine weeks in Washington, D.C., and learning the ins and outs of policy making on Capitol Hill,” said Foy “I am looking forward to learning new things and my experience.”

According to the CBC website, the CBC provides a voice for the African-American community and vulnerable communities in Congress and utilizes the full constitutional power and financial resources of the government to ensure that everyone in the United States has the opportunity to achieve success.

“My education at Millersville has provided me with the knowledge I need to thrive in my internship and future career,” said Foy. “My government professors have equipped me with the things I need to know for my internship, such as the legislative process, knowledge of laws and different policies. I am going into this internship with the proper knowledge, so that I will perform on an excellent level—all thanks to my education at Millersville.”

1. Selda Cavus says:

Great article! HAVE FUN and ENJOY your experience this summer, Hope! :)

2. Malei Walton says:

Congrats Hope!!! You are going to enjoy your experience here and gain so much knowledge and wisdom. I’m excited for you! Have fun :)

3. Emmanuel Jean-Philippe says:

Congratulations Hope! Keep on conquering! Keep on keeping on! :-)

4. James Randall says:

I KNOW HER!! Congrats Hope and keep working hard!

5. Chase Hafer says:

Congrats Hope! I’m an MU grad and I’m living in DC- So much opportunity here! Take it all in!

6. Trudinna Northeran says:

Hope, couldn’t be more proud of you! May doors continue to open
    for you