George Street Press (formally George Street Carnival) is Millersville University’s literary magazine, open to students and faculty alike. The magazine is completely student run and published at least once a year, full of poetry, short fiction, essays, creative nonfiction, photography, painting and sculpture. Kitsey Shehan is the President of the club with Sara Pizzo as the Vice-President.
If you are interested in assisting the publication, the club meets on Monday nights in Club De’Ville (the commuter lounge) in the lower level of the SMC at 8:30pm.
This year, the club will be accepting submissions until March 31st. One student/faculty/alumni university member may submit:
- 3 poems (one poem cannot exceed two pages)
- 2 pieces of prose (one piece should not exceed 4,000 words)
- 2 pieces of non-fiction (one piece should not exceed 4,000 words)
- 3 pieces of flash-fiction (each 500 words or less)
- 5 pieces of original art (submit in .jpg format)
- 1 experimental piece (found poems, screen-plays, the strange, genre-bending, and unknown)
To submit, please email GeorgeStreetPressSubmissions@gmail.com with your name, contact info (phone number/email), as well as any notes about your pieces for the editors. All documents must be in .docx or .doc format, and art pieces must be in .jpg format. Once a piece is printed into the magazine, the writer is officially a printed author! This is a perfect opportunity for English Majors to get ahead in the creative world. Here is the Get Involved page for more information on the club.