The basil is still growing, we are still awaiting to see growth from the radish which has a germination of four to seven days. We are hoping by next class some germination will occur with the radish. We made the rock wool of the radish less wet thinking that our mesculin seed rotted because it was too wet.
The basil continues to grow. Today we decided to take out the rock wool of the baby mesclun lettuce and observed the seed. The seed had rotted so we decided to just replant, but we decided to use radish instead. We checked our pH and it was still a solid 6.5.
Today we found more growth in the basil plant. However, there was still no sign of germination in the baby mesclun lettuce. We spread the holes in the rock wool a little bit to give more room for the basil plant to grow. We dug around a little bit to see if we could find the baby mesclun seed at least. We found it but it was up higher in the rock wool and just stuck to the side of the wall. We pushed it down to the bottom and hopefully it will get more nutrients. We are thinking about reseeding the baby mesclun, but we’ll let it go for now.
There’s growth in basil! The baby mesclun lettuce still has yet to sprout, but this was expected due to its expected germination of five to fourteen days. There was also some sort of fungus on the side of the rock wool that our mesclun lettuce was in. Thought fungus occurred because the water level in the cup was too high and the light was creating fungus. So we raised the foam the cups sit in a bit higher. We also lowered our pH from about 8 back down to 6.5ish.
Today we planted our basil and baby mesclun lettuce. Our hydroponics system is all set up and our pH level was a solid 6.5. Everything is all set up we are hoping for the best.